London is preparing itself to fancy book lovers with the annual celebration of the London Literature Festival. The festival marks the apogee of literary events through out the year at the famous literature venue of Southbank Centre. Hotels in London are prepared to receive the flux of book lovers hopping on to the London special event. The festival is expected to continue with its trend of successful events with good literature, vibrant authors and their exciting stories. Here is the guide to the festival.
What is the event?
It is an annual gathering of readers and writers featuring presentation and readings by writers supplemented by other events with the sole objective to foster a love of literature and writing and inculcate reading habits. A significant event in the literary calendar of London city and a must visit for book and literature enthusiasts. Documentaries, music and comedies will play a dominant role in 2011 celebrations. Emerging talent and reputed personalities will bless the occasion with their presence. Critical analysis and debates will offer new insights to the creative writers and those relatively new in the field.
When and Where
From 30th June to 14th July in 2011 at Southbank centre in London.
The Southbank literary festival boasts of big names in the literary world. This year features authors like Philip Pullman, Gilbert and George, Alan hollinghurst, Hisham Matar, elif shafak, Liz Lockhead, Zaha Hadid to name a few. Other events to look for:-
- World premiere production of Jeanette Winterson’s classic “Sexing the cherry”. A fable about sex and love; truths and lies and dancing princesses living happily ever after.
- Discussions on the state of the nation.
- Healthy discussion on future events, utopias and dreamland to be made.
- Discussion and staged adaptations of new writings from Owen Jones, Alexander Harris and others on socio-political themes.
- A creative writing workshop
- Marcus du Sautoy, a leading scientist will deliver a lecture on the “Maths Of Music”
- Celebration of Royal Society’s 350th anniversary.
The London literature festival 2011 accommodates the contemporary writing in politics, fiction, poetry, art and anatomizes the present and the future nation state as part of the literary fest. Hotels in London are prepared to accommodate book lovers coming to Southbank for the great learning experience!!